WHO WE ARE
ABOUT JED PLC
Jos Electricity Distribution, a Public Liability Company (JED Plc) is one of the eleven Electricity Distribution Companies (DISCOs) Privatized by the Federal Government of Nigeria in pursuant to the Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 which led to the unbundling of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) as a Government owned power utility company. JED Plc took over operations on November 1st, 2013 with the mandate to be the first-choice provider of quality electricity.
With its Headquarters in Jos, Plateau state, JED PLC is an indigenous electricity Company incorporated in Nigeria to carry out the business of electricity distribution and retail sale in the regions of Plateau, Gombe, Bauchi and Benue States.
JED PLC operates one of the longest distribution networks in the country. It spreads across a geographical span of 152, 901 KM2 and caters to over Four Hundred Thousand (400,000) customers.
With links to eight transmission stations of Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), we operate through eight Regional Offices which are further decentralized into thirty Area Offices and one hundred and forty-seven Feeder Offices. We receive a daily average energy allocation of about 7% from the Nation Grid (240 MW daily average) that is distributed through our Eight (8) regional offices.
Our core business is the distribution and marketing of Electricity, under which we provide:
Energy distribution within our franchise states
Connection of New Service
Metering and Maintenance
We are passionate about our business and value the economic and environmental sustainability of our host communities.
P – Professionalism A – Agility S – Stewardship S – Safety I – Integrity O – Ownership N – Novelty
- Personal safety of our employees, co-workers and the public are paramount to our values
- Working earnestly to improve quality and adding value to our services
- Deploying the appropriate IT mechanism to help serve customers and business
- Maintaining the highest quality, safety and ethical standard of international standing
- Promoting effective communications and amicable business atmosphere among our team
- Acting in accordance with our corporate, community, and social responsibilities
- Leading investment portfolio for our shareholders
- Respecting and celebrating the unique diversity of our stakeholders
To significantly reduce Aggregate Technical, Commercial and Collection (ATC&C) Losses to 25% by 2021.
We endeavour to be a trusted Company in the distribution of electricity and related services in a reliable and cost effective manner to our customers and thus, contributing to nation building.
…Energizing lives with pride.
“I am fully aware that I am responsible for my safety at the work place. I pledge to practice safety and integrity at all times and all places, for the sake of myself, my family, my colleague and ultimately my nation.”