FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON SAFETY
What is safety?
A state of being free from danger, harm or situation that could affect the health of the individual or group.
What is hazard?
An unsafe condition or practice that could cause an injury or illness to an individual or group of people.
What is an accident?
An unplanned and unwanted occurrence by unsafe acts and unsafe condition which result in injury and or damage.
What causes electrical accident/hazard?
• Contact with live parts causing shock and burns
• Faults which could cause fires or shock
• Fire or explosion where electricity could be the source of ignition in a potentially flammable or explosive atmosphere
How can I protect myself from accident/hazard?
• Always be Safety conscious at all time
• Constant inspection of your work place/home
• Use of personal protective equipments (PPE’s)
• Comply with safety rules, policy and laws in all your doings
• Report injuries immediately
• Report hazard as soon as possible
Where do I report health and safety issues?
Regional or area offices so that the health and Safety officer can discuss your complaint and respond to any questions you have. You can also report via the “contact us” page on our website.
How do I contact the Health and Safety Unit in case of identified hazard/accident issues?
The quickest way to report a problem is to use our online form and when you submit it you will get an acknowledgement. If you can’t use the form, you can phone us on +234 8039537394.